Using Different Identities
With Outlook Express 5, a new feature has been added. You can create separate identities, similar to Netscape. Here is the the entire process.
- Click on File, Identities, Add New Identity.
- A "New Identity" screen will pop up, type in your full name or the name or nick that you want to name this identity.
- From this point, you have the option to put in a password. This can be used to keep others from seeing your email, if you would like to use this option simply check the box next to "Ask me for a password when I start".
- An "Enter Password" box will pop up and you will need to type in the password that you would like to use. Type it in the second time to confirm the password. (You MUST remember this password) Then hit "Ok". Then "Ok" again.
- It will then configure Outlook Express for the new identity. After doing so, it will ask you if you would like to switch to the new identity. Click "Yes". After clicking "Yes", it will bring up the Internet Connection Wizard.
- Type in the name that you will want others to see when you email them. Click Next.
- Type in your NETDOOR email address. (example: firstname.lastname@example.org) Click Next.
- Incoming mail server should be set to POP3. In the boxes below for both incoming and outgoing mailservers you should type in mail.netdoor.com. Click Next.
- In the Account name field, type your username in all lower case letters. In the Password field, type your password in all lower case letters. You can leave the "Remember password" box checked if you don't want to type in your password each time Outlook Express checks your email. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
You will now have the option to import you email messages and address book from a previously installed email program.
- If you do not have another email program installed or are not using one anymore, mark the option Do not import at this time. Click Next.
- Click Finish.
- You are now ready to check your email.
- Click the File menu, click Switch Identity,
- Choose the Identity that you wish to use,
- Click OK. If you previously had it set to Save the password, you will need to enter it in the password field.
- It will then take you to your Inbox.