Importing Eudora Email and Addresses
How can Eudora addresses and mail be imported for use in Communicator or Navigator?
Communicator 4.5 - 4.61:
- Open Communicator.
- From the Communicator menu, select Address Book.
- From the File menu, select Import.
- In the Netscape Messenger Import Utility window, click Eudora once so it is highlighted.
- Click Next.
- Specify the location of your Eudora mail and select the mailboxes you wish to import into Communicator. Choose the folder name you wish to have appear in Messenger.
- Click Next or click Skip if you do not wish to import mailboxes.
- In the next window, specify which address books you wish to import.
- Click Finish to proceed or Cancel to cancel.
Communicator 4.02 - 4.08:
- Close Communicator.
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Programs, Communicator, Utilities, Import utility for Eudora.
- In the Netscape Messenger Import utility for Eudora window, click Next to continue.
- The utility will search your hard drive for Eudora files, any Communicator installations, and user profiles.
- If you wish to change any of the settings, click the Choose button beside the setting you wish to alter. You can also use the drop-down menu to select the profile into which the mail will be imported.
- Click Next.
- Select the mailboxes you wish to import and choose the name of the folder which will be created in Messenger.
- Click Next to continue, or click Skip if you do not wish to import mailboxes.
- In the next window, select the address books you wish to import and designate a location where the converted files should be stored.
- Click Next to continue or Skip if you do not wish to import address books.
- In the following window, you can select whether you wish to import Eudora mail settings. Click Next to continue or Skip if you do not wish to make a selection.
- The next window will display a summary of the actions which have taken place. Click Finished to exit.
- If you have converted address books from Eudora, you will need to import them into Communicator's address book. Open Communicator, go to the Communicator menu, and select Address Book. From the File menu, select Import. Locate the converted Eudora files, select them, and then click Open.