Automatic Email Notification
I want Netscape to notify me automatically when I receive email. How can I do this?
- Click the Windows Start button and choose Settings, and Taskbar.
- In the Taskbar Properties window, click the Start Menu Programs tab.
- Click the Add button.
- In the Create Shortcut window, click the Browse button.
- Locate nsnotify.exe. It is usually in C:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program.
- Click once on nsnotify.exe so it is selected. Then click Open.
- Click Next.
- In the "Select a Program Folder Window", scroll down the list until you find StartUp.
- Click once on StartUp so it is selected, then click the Next button.
- Type the name that you want to see on the StartUp menu (i.e. Netscape Mail Notification) and then click Finish.
- If Windows prompts you to choose an icon, click one, and then click Finish.
- Now, when Windows starts, NSnotify will start and you should see the white envelope icon appear in the Systray of the Windows Task Bar (near the clock).