Networking with a NETDOOR DSL Connection
Computer Software Setup/Installation
Once the DSL modem is connected to the computer's network card via ethernet cable, you must ensure that your network settings are correct.
These instructions are for Windows 9X, ME, 2000, and XP. This guide can also be used for generic setup of a Mac or Linux operating system.
- Enable your Network Card (NIC)
- Right-click on My Computer
- Left-click on Properties
- Select the Hardware tab
- Click on the Device Manager button
- Expand Network Adapters and double left-click on your NIC
- Under Device Usage, select "Use this devise (enable)"
- Click OK on the NIC Properties window
- Click OK on the System Properties window
- Close the Device Manager
- Click on Start
- Click on Settings (or Control Panel)
- Click on Control Panel
- Open on Network Connections
- Double left-click on Local Area Connection
- Click the Properties button
- Double left-click on Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)
- Select "Obtain an IP address automatically"
- Select "Obtain DNS server address automatically"
- Click OK on the TCP/IP properties window
- Click OK on the Local Area Connection properties window
- Click Close on the Local Area Connection status window
- Close the Network Connections window